Alcalá de Henares (Madrid), Spain
Priscilla Marie Ramos, M.A.
Head of Recruitment and Institutional Partnerships
PROGRAMS / HIGHLIGHTS
- STUDY ABROAD IN SPAIN SEMESTER PROGRAMS
- ONLINE SPANISH COURSES
- TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TEFL)
- INTERNATIONAL STUDIES PROGRAM
- CUSTOM DESIGNED AND FACULTY-LED PROGRAMS
- INTERNSHIPS/STUDENT TEACHING/SERVICE LEARNING
- MASTERS IN NORTH AMERICAN STUDIES
- TEACH & LEARN IN SPAIN PROGRAM
DOCTORAL PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
Instituto Franklin-Universidad de Alcalá has more than 30 years of experience working with international programs and students. Both the city and the university possess the distinction and honor of being recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We are the medieval city of Cervantes and Don Quijote, with more than a thousand years of history, where you can watch our storks, eat some of the best tapas, and be surrounded by a thriving Madrid culture. Students become a part of Alcalá after being fully immersed and integrated into our community. All of the university's extracurricular and general activities are available to students.
WHY STUDY AT Instituto Franklin-UAH?
- UAH is a public university, ranked 5th Best Universities in Spain (by U-ranking), and rated a 5-star University (QS Stars University Rankings).
- Programs are adapted to suit North American academic calendars, schedules, methodology and pedagogies.
- All courses are worth 3 credits/45 hours and accredited by the UAH.
- Only a short trip to the center of Madrid and Barajas International Airport (35min).
- Personalized attention to each student and partner institution.
UNDERGRADUATE SPANISH COURSES / LEVELS
Over 30 Spanish courses offered in the following areas:
- Hispanic Studies
- International Relations
- Health Studies
- Interpretation & Translation
- Education & Service Learning
Levels: Low-Intermediate to Advanced Spanish (A2-C1)
COURSES IN ENGLISH
- International Studies Program: All courses are taught in English
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificates (TEFL)
- Student Teaching and Clinical Experience
GRADUATE STUDIES: TEACH & LEARN IN SPAIN PROGRAM
Students are offered the opportunity to come to Spain and earn a Master's degree related to the field of education while participating in a paid teaching assistantship in a school in the region of Madrid, Spain.
The program is a one academic year Master’s degree program (60 ECTS) accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá that runs from September - June. We currently offer eight Master’s programs, six of which have onsite classes at the Universidad de Alcalá, and two programs with online synchronous classes.
All undergraduate programs include university credits, transcripts, health insurance, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, access to university resources, orientation sessions, airport pick-up, student cards, and onsite coordination.
An active participant in Erasmus+ programs.
Brochures and Multimedia