Alcalá de Henares (Madrid), Spain
Priscilla Marie Ramos
Coordinator of International Programs
Instituto Franklin Study abroad in Spain
Programs & Services
- Study Abroad in Spain Semester Programs
- International Studies Program
- Custom Designed and Faculty-led Programs
- Short-term Programs
- Internships/student teaching/service learning
NEW Online Programs
- Online Spanish Language and Culture Courses
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Certification
- Virtual Internships
Traditional Spanish language and culture courses are offered throughout the year.
Instituto Franklin-UAH is currently holding courses on-site and we are following the protocols established by the Ministry of Health of Spain and the Universidad de Alcala. More information.
- Summer 2021 Intensive Spanish Studies
- Fall 2021: Spanish Studies
- J-Term 2022: Spanish Studies (3 weeks)
- Spring 2022: Spanish Studies
- Spring 2022: International Studies Program
Brochures and Multimedia
Instituto Franklin-Universidad de Alcalá has more than 30 years of experience working with international programs.
We have the privilege and honor to be considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site, both the city and the university.
With over a thousand years of history, we are the medieval city of Cervantes and Don Quijote, where you can see our storks, have some of the best tapas, and be surrounded by rich Castilian culture.
Students are immersed and integrated into our community – they become a part of Alcalá. Students have access to all activities and general nd all extra-curricular activities of the university.
Why study at Instituto Franklin-UAH?
- The Universidad de Alcalá is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Students are part of our university’s rich history and academic achievement.
- UAH is a public university, ranked 6th Best Universities in Spain, and Top 70 universities in Europe.
- Programs are adapted to suit North American academic calendars & schedules.
- All courses are worth 3 credits/45 hours.
- Students may gain professional development experience through internships, service learning, and volunteering experiences.
- UAH is only a short trip to the center of Madrid and the airport.
Undergraduate Spanish Courses / Levels
Over 30 Spanish courses offered in the following areas:
- Hispanic Studies
- International Relations
- Health Studies
- Interpretation & Translation
- Education & Service Learning
Levels: Low-Intermediate to Advanced Spanish
Courses in English
International Studies Program: All courses are taught in English
All undergraduate programs include university credits, transcripts, health insurance, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, access to university resources, orientation sessions, airport pick-up, student cards, and onsite coordination. Active participant in Erasmus+ programs.
GRADUATE STUDIES: Teach & Learn in Spain Program
Established in 2008, this program offers native or fluent English-speaking students the opportunity to earn a master’s degree in the field of education while gaining experience by being placed in a school as a language assistant.
Our students become key components of their placement schools – located throughout the region of Madrid – and they will implement and practice in the classroom what they are learning in their studies.
Now offering six M.A. programs, Teach & Learn in Spain includes a blend of online and on-site methods for graduate studies. These are yearlong academic programs (September-June).
Each of the M.A. Degree programs offered by Teach & Learn in Spain is accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá (60 ECTS credits).